July 20, 2010

5 days!!!

There's only 5 days left until testing day and I'm partially excited and partially nervous. I'm not really worried that I won't pass the test, it's more that I'm worried that I'll be so nervous I'll be shaky and not hold my edges! It will be nice to get the testing out of the way as learning new things on the ice has really been stalled out for the last several weeks. I'm really looking forward to working on my Axel and maybe some double Salchows and toe loops after this weekend! I'm ready to work on some new tricks! I need to put in some more work on my backspin and I would also like to start working on my sit spin. I'm really getting centered much more now on my one foot spin and I'm so close to actually scratching it's making me crazy. It's kind of addictive really because I'll work on it for fifteen minutes or so and I'll get really close and but never actually get there. I think it's a combination of the strength it takes and the fact that I always feel like I'm going to fall over if I cross my leg over any farther. I know, though, that once I do it for the first time, I'll know exactly how to do it again. A funny little incident happened today. I finally broke down and purchased a pair of Chloe Noel pants and they sent a child's size instead of an adult size! My skating dress I had ordered a few weeks ago finally arrived this week. It is absolutely stunning! As beautiful as it is, the down side is that it is absolutely not a practice dress, it's definitely a competition dress. That is the final thing I'm looking forward to post testing session, is putting together a freestyle and artistic program. Then I'll know I'm getting close to my first competition!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your testing! You're going to do fabulously!


I just came upon your blog about a week ago and I'm enjoying your posts! Like you, I'm a college student with a dream of figure skating. I used to do it when I was younger and then stopped when high school got to be too much and I couldn't keep up with it anymore. I'm in my last semester of college and realized if I didn't find a way to channel my stress I would break down, so I turned to figure skating again, and it's become a serious addiction. I can't stay away from it. I'm now in learn to skate lessons to review things I know and test before the end of the year, and hopefully begin to compete next year. :)