July 11, 2010

Testing in Two Weeks!

I don't have much new progress to report for the last week....I'm two weeks away from testing into Adult Pre-bronze so I'm really focusing on everything that I'm testing on. I'm still feeling fairly nervous about my back inside consecutive edges as well as my waltz eight. I'm honestly not sure whether or not what happened at practice today is a good thing or a bad thing. One of the guys who usually judges skates on the same time as I do Sundays. He saw me working on my waltz eight and made some suggestions on how to fix it. Now if this was from any other coach I would have just taken it at face value. But because he was a judge and was fairly adamant about the way to execute a waltz eight it kind of made me nervous because now I'm worried that he's going to watch it even more analytically than he would if he hadn't stopped and said something. But on the other hand he knows how hard I train and perhaps he was trying to be kind and point out what they look for. But then again, my coach said it was fine and I was good to go for testing even though it's not my strongest element. So that is my debate. I'll have to chat with my coach on Tuesday about it. I'm really starting to get the hang of my backspin and I was definitely getting three or more revolutions out of every one today, however my jumps were really off. But I chalk that up to my blades needing sharpening. (I dropped them off for the pro after practice). I had to laugh when I totally fell on a waltz jump and a couple of girls who had stayed after the public skate right before my practice reacted as if I broke every bone in my body. Ironically, it was a perfect fall, as in it didn't hurt at all because I landed on my butt and because I had a lot of velocity still, I slid about 15 feet across the ice. I laughed at myself because it was a dumb jump to fall on (who falls on a waltz jump?) and those poor girls will now probably never want to skate again since I sufficiently scared the need for ice out of them. I'm hoping my skating dress arrives this week so that I can make sure it fits....I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't! Well that's about all for this week. Hopefully I'll have something that I've progressed on to report for next week, like my loop jump that is still stumping me!

No comments: